Sunday, 12 February 2012

I Love You Berry Much!

Hello!!!
I know it's a bit early (I will have classes all day tomorrow so I won't have time to do my nails or post anything), but, Happy Valentine's Day! I created this manicure to celebrate love!


Using H&M's Berry Love as a base and a pink polish with a thin brush by Kiss Nailart Paint for the stripes I created this simple design and then I put some pink hearts from a huge nail art set I got from Peacock's for 2,5 pounds!
 

I think It's a cute, girly design you can easily create and it looks adorable! Especially if you have short nails the stripes will make them appear longer! Yay for optical illusions! ;) 
  

 And now for a small confession. I used to feel lonely on valentine's day and I thought no one would ever like me and give me flowers and chocolates.  And I would say the whole day was just an excuse to sell heart shaped things to gullible people. But then I thought that love really deserves its own day and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to. There's so much more you can do to show people you love them. And I don't mean just a boyfriend or girlfriend. I believe you have to start by loving yourself and realising how special you are because everyone is different and that makes each of us unique. So start by treating yourself to something you want. And then show you family that you love them by doing something nice for them (offering to cook dinner would be an idea) and then go tell your friends how important they are to you because together you create the memories you will have for the rest of your life. If you are confident enough and up for it you can give compliments to random people and smile to everyone. Spread the love!

As for me, I decided to treat myself to this pair of stud earrings from Tally Weijl for 8 euro because studs are on trend now and I always seem to break mine after a while so I keep needing new ones. 


Also, I was in the supermarket and I saw this box of chocolates and I decided to get them. The actual thought was "grow up woman! if you want a fancy box of chocolates just buy them!". I don't need my boyfriend to buy me chocolates, I need him to be there when I need him and I want us to be silly together and laugh and cuddle and love each other all year round. If this day celebrates love then I will celebrate all the people I love in my life! 


And that's it for the day. Until next time,
LOVE, 
Kristine

4 comments:

  1. this H&M polish is totally cute, I got the two lipbalms of this collection.
    just found your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three christmas polishes were very good quality in my opinion. They apply very smoothly and stay for a decent amount of time. I wanted to get the lip balms too but I was not sure if they were good because I haven't tried any from H&M. What do you think? Should I get some from the new collection? :)

      Delete
  2. ablolutely adorable!

    Love is the beauty of the soul.
    Saint Augustine

    Happy Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy Valentine's day to you too! ^_^

      Delete