Sunday, 26 February 2012

On Top Of My Electric Blue World!

Hello!!! 

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! You might have noticed that electric blue has made an appearance in a lot of runway shows and in my opinion it's the evolution of the sky blue shade that everyone was wearing last summer. Metallics and glitters were everywhere this winter and naturally they will be present for spring and summer with more vibrant hues.


The polishes above are Maybelline's Mini Colorama in Electric Blue and Nicole by OPI's On Top Of My World from the Justin Bieber collection. Naturally when I saw there two polishes I had to have them and I'll explain why. First of all, this blue shade is my second favourite colour (the first being very vibrant purple) and I had been searching for a metallic blue for a long time. As for the glitter polish I thought it would be the perfect way to add some glitter on any manicure because it's very sheer and it can not cover the nail but just add some extra depth.


So what I did here is I used the electric blue as my base colour and then I added a couple of coats from the glitter and I changed the texture of the blue from a metallic to a holographic glitter effect. This way you can use your polishes for two different finishes just by a few strokes of s sheer glitter. I think it's clever and it saves you money. 



All in all I have been very satisfied with the end result and I will certainly be wearing this combination a lot this summer!  Also I would advise you to seal the polish at the top of the nail just to keep the polish from chipping because it kind of looked prone to do so, although I have to admit it did not chip at all for the five days I was wearing it. 


So, I hope you enjoyed this post and you got some ideas. I really feel the need to tell you you should experiment and play around with colours and not be afraid of vibrant colours. The world is a very colourful place! ;)

Love,
Kristine

1 comment:

  1. Nice post dear
    Good blog
    I am following your blog with GFC
    Now follow back my blog with GFC too
    http://glamorousgirlblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete