Thursday, 29 March 2012

Maybelline 24 HR Color Tattoo Eyeshadows and Review!

Hello!

Spring and warm weather are here and hopefully they are going to stay! I don't know about you, but when the weather gets warm I don't feel like using much powder on my face and that also includes eyeshadows. Therefore for me these color tattoos by Maybelline were an amazing product! I picked up four colours out of the ? number they are. And I say "?" because I have seen the american versions and they are 10 but in Greece and England I have been totally confused! So after some research I have ended up in this results:

American colours   VS   European colours:
Too Cool             -       Infinite White
Bold Gold           -        Eternal Gold
Bad to the Bronze     -     On and On Bronze
Audacious Asphalt    -     Immortal Charcoal
Tough as Taupe       -     Permanent Taupe
Tenacious Teal        -    Turquoise Forever
Painted Purple       -        Endless Purple
Fierce and Tangy       -    NOT AVAILABLE
Pomegranate Punk     -     NOT AVAILABLE
Edgy Emerald           -   NOT AVAILABLE
NOT AVAILABLE -            Eternal Silver
NOT AVAILABLE  -          Timeless Black

The thing is, in Greece I found the purple, taupe, bronze, turquoise, silver, black and white and in England I saw taupe, gold, bronze, purple, charcoal and turquoise so far. So, I don't know what is going on but I guess if you want all the colours you will have to look around a bit.

Now, let's go on to the ones I bought!


I got Turquoise Forever, Infinite White, On and on Bronze and Eternal Gold! And I love them!


The packaging is clear so you can see the colour from the bottom with a black cap which has a sticker with the name of the product in the colour it is. For me that is very practical in the morning that I am in a hurry because there's no need to open everything to find which one I want! I think they give off a very sleek vibe and I like having them somewhere I can see them because  they look pretty upside down!


The products themselves are very nice quality. When I first tried them in the store they did feel a bit dry but that is probably because they were opened a lot and not closed properly tight. I found that a it is possible for a thicker layer to be formed at the top but if you just put a bit more power with your finger and swirl it around it goes away and you get a smooth creamy eyeshadow. This helps blending it out to make it as sheer or as opaque you want it and blending the colours together very easily to make gorgeous eye looks!


Another thing I was wondering about was how long they would last and if they needed powder eyeshadow to stay in place. By swatching them on my hand I saw that the bronze one actually gave me a hard time to be cleaned with a face wipe after 6 hours! That did scare me at first but in the end I was just being silly because they come off easily when you want to remove them from your eyes at night. And they can stay on their own as eyeshadows perfectly without any powder on top on my skin which is normal (don't know what will happen with oily skin). They even went through a crying test, not on purpose, and they stayed in place so wow! lol I have also tried putting the gold colour on top of my lipstick to create a nice shimmery effect and it looked beautiful so that's another thing you can do! 

All in all, I have been loving these shadows since I got them and I have been wearing them every day! I think they are amazing and I totally recommend picking one up to try it! I might go back and try to get more of the colours because they are really nice and they will probably will be what I'll be wearing for the whole spring and summer when my skin get dryer from the sun.

That's it for now. Tell me if you have tried any of them and what you think! See you next time!

Love,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment