Tuesday, 3 July 2012

Golden Shore Manicure

Hello beauties!

Today I have a summery manicure inspired by the sea and the beach sand. 


Nail polishes used:
Essie Coat Azure
H&M Sunset Gold


The COAT AZURE polish came as an accident because I wanted another Essie colour and the order got completely messed up but since I'm not in America and I had a friend ordering it for me by the time he brought it to Greece and I saw it was the wrong one there was nothing I could do because he was not going back to america for months. At first I was not sure about the colour because in the bottle I could see a pearly shimmery effect that I didn't like but when I actually tried it it came much more muted  but with a nice sheen to it. Also it looks amazing on my skintone. VERDICT: I love it! I think it's going up with my favourite nail polishes because it looks so good on me!


SUNSET GOLD is a polish I have been pairing with yellow so far so there was not such a sharp contrast before. As it turns out it's much more grainy over a darker colour because the glitters are chunky. Still I think it worked for this look because it is as if I dipped my nails in the sand. Other than that I advise you to let each coat dry before applying a new layer because it may get a bit thick.


Also you can see I took photos against different things to check how the manicure looks with different colours you may have on your outfits. I would suggest pairing muted colours with bright ones to create contrast and make all the colours pop! 


Also I love roses... lol


Let me know what you think!

Love,
Kristine

1 comment:

  1. beautiful manicure, it looks like the sea in summer! Love the nails on the "What's Your Accent....Nail??" post ;)
    You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other? I promise I’ll follow you back!
    Have a nice day!

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



    ReplyDelete