Thursday, 9 August 2012

Olympic Nail Art! London 2012!

Hello!

Are you guys watching the Olympics? Me not really. To be honest the only sport that I'll sit and watch is football and that only if it's Chelsea or Barca playing. In the Olympics I like watching the opening and closing ceremonies purely for the spectacle but the actual games are somewhat in the back of my head as something I should probably watch but I most likely won't. However, what I do is read articles about them and learn who won and stuff. What I noticed this year though was the huge amount of articles about the athletes' nails. Apparently lots of them decided to rock patriotic tips and give a perfect finishing touch to their medals. So I went through several of these articles and now I'm showing you the best manicures I've found. (all the photographs belong to their rightful owners)

GREAT  BRITAIN

Aimee Willmott

Amy Oliver

Charlotte Kerwood

Laura Trott

Lynne Huchinson

Naomi Folkard

Rebecca Adlington

Victoria Pendleton


USA

Caroline Queen

Dana Volmer

Destinee Hooker

Elizabeth Beisel

Missy Flanklin

Sanaya Richards Ross

Venus Williams


AUSTRALIA

Emily Seebohm

Renee Chatterton


FRANCE

Emmeline Ndongue


GERMANY

Laura Ludwig


HUNGARY

Dora Csabai

Suzana Jacobos


ITALY

Stefania Pirozzi


JAPAN

Reiko Shiota


LITHUANIA

Ruta Meilutyte


RUSSIA

Olga Kerban


SPAIN

Mireia Belmonte Garcia



Aren't those nails amazing??? I love them! And I think it's a good statement for women in the Olympics showing that they are still feminine even if they are probably strong enough to kick your @$$...  joke... 
Maybe I should paint some random flags on my nails some time...

Love,
Kristine

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. they are very eyecatching. I wonder what the flag would look like with more combinations. maybe pastels, or black and silver.

      Delete
  2. Loving how all the athletes have got into this! Adore the British ones (of course)!!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the british ones too. the union flag is one of my favourite nail designs.

      Delete
  3. I do love a bit of patriotic nail art :)

    www.fashionrhapsody.com

    Rose x

    ReplyDelete