Thursday, 17 January 2013

Glitter Overload!

Hey there! Happy New Year!

I thought I'd show you the manicure I did for NYE. I have loads of glitter polishes but I wanted something chunkier that would look really bold. I also wanted to test if using actual craft glitter would work on my nails. The result is this!


The colour I used as a base is MaxFactor Nailfinity in Dusky Rose, but you can of course use anything you want. I painted the first coat, let it it dry and painted a second one. When the second coat was starting to dry, but was still a bit sticky, I dipped my nails in the glitter tube for a few seconds. This way they wouldn't be entirely covered in glitter, so you could still see the base colour. Then I pressed lightly with my fingers to make sure the glitter would stick properly and put some top coat over it to seal it in.


I really like how they turned out because it was something different, but I know some people didn't so I guess it is a love it or hate it kind of thing. I will definitely try it again, probably with a darker base to create more contrast. For me it's a nice and quick party manicure so I'm happy I found out how to do it. It also had a pretty good staying power, as none of the glitter came off at all, until one nail chipped when I was doing dishes 4 days later, because I had my fingers in hot water for a long time. Typical...


Let me know what you think of this manicure and if you are tempted to try it.

Love,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment