Friday, 8 February 2013

Glitter: The Easiest Way for Gradient Nails

Hey there!

Last week I wanted to do a mani that would look fancy and difficult, but I would not actually be so, because I did not have too much time. The result was this!


I have always loved gradient nails because they look cool, but with opaque polishes the best way to achieve a good result is with a makeup sponge. However, using a glitter polish doesn't need that at all, because all you need to do is put the first brush stoke on the tip of the nail, to deposit most of the glitter there, and then paint the inside of the nail with whatever is left on your brush. Then put some more glitter on the tips to make them quite opaque and finish with a top coat! That simple!


Polishes used:
Collection 2in1 Strengthener and Hardener (base and top coat)
Essie Mint Candy Apple
H&M Aqua Splash


This mani has stayed on for 6 days so far without chipping, which I am very happy about! I totally recommend all the polishes I used, especially the nail strengthener!


And if you want to do a proper gradient nail with opaque polishes you can always watch my tutorial about it:


Now go have fun with your nails! (Does this sound dodgy?)

Love,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment