Friday, 1 March 2013

The Perfect Pastel Pink Nail For Spring!

Spring is finally here!

I am so excited! I may even stop getting colds now (as if I will be that lucky). Anyway, the point is that now the desire to wear pretty pastel nail polishes has multiplied. They are he best way to introduce more colour in your daily outfits and make the transition to spring colours. Scarves are another good idea. 


Polishes used!
Barry M - Dragon (gelly shades)
Barry M - Foil Effects silver
Nicole by OPI - Rainbow in the S-Kylie


So I was in Boots the other day looking for a new nail polish when I finally I found the perfect pastel pink shade for me! Dragon is a blue toned pink but it is bright enough to look food with my skin tone. It needs three coats for full opacity and the finish is quite shiny, since it is part of the gelly collection. Still I suggest using a top coat to make the manicure last longer. I also loved the name, because dragons are cute!



I also got the silver one, which promised to look like foil on the nails. It does not. But is a nice metallic shade so I will just wear it as such. I suppose it is not that easy to create the mirror look with actual polish. Unless the foil they had in mind was the matte side of the foil, which just looks metalling. And I am not being too harsh, I would buy this polish as a nice metallic silver, no need to deceive me to believe it does something it does not. 



The colourful glitter was my idea to make the whole manicure more fun and over the pink nail polish it reminds me of the bath bombs by Lush and pretty cupcakes with sprinkles. Or pink party rings. Enough.. this is making me hungry.
This particular glitter was from the Kardashian collection but other dupes are Rainbow connection by OPI and Happy Birthday by Deborah Lippman. I am sure there are some more but I have not seen them in person so I do not want to say anything. 


So what is your favourite nail polish for spring? Or your favourite pink shade?

Love,
Kristine

2 comments:

  1. I love the glitter top coat on both of these bases. So cute! Pink is great for spring, just reminds me of easter!

    E x

    ReplyDelete