Friday, 14 June 2013

MODELS' OWN Scented Polishes 2013! Swatches and Review!

Hello there!!!

I hope you are having a lovely day. A couple of weeks ago I showed you in a video that I bought these two nail polishes and I promised to do a review here to let you know exactly what I thought about them. So let's get to it!


The shades I picked up are Grape Juice and Banana Split. In the bottle they both look beautiful and quite bright for pastels. Since I had never tried the Models' Own brand before I did not know what to expect but I knew that a lot of people like their polishes. There are a few points I would like to take you through though because they are more or less the standards for judging any nail polish.

Application!
The first thing I noticed was that the brush tends to apply a very thick coat of polish, which makes it harder to smooth it out on the entire nail and can create unevenness in the opacity of the polish. The normal solution to that is a second coat, which is what I did, but I found out that if again another thick coat is put the same problem can remain and you may end up with really thick opaque parts and very thin streaky ones on the same nail. I would advise making the first coat as thin as possible and the second one a little bit thicker and fully opaque and then waiting until they are completely dry. If you still are not completely satisfied with the result use a good top coat. It will make a huge difference, and I really mean a huge one.

Durability!
I was able to wear both of these colours for five days without having any serious chipping. I would say they stay on quite well once they are dry so you do not have to worry too much about them, which is something I really like in a polish.

Scent!
Since these products are marketed as scented polishes I expected them to smell quite nice. Especially since I have tried the Revlon scented polishes in the past I thought they would be similar to them. However, the scent is barely there, if there at all. The wet nail polish in the bottle has a normal nail polish scent with a tiny hint of something else but as soon as it is on the nails and especially after using a top coat everything disappears. Comparing with the Revlon ones that you can still smell them a couple of days later, even with the top coat on, I would say these polishes fail on the scented aspect completely.


My final judgement of these two polishes is that I like them. I did not care about the scent anyway, what I was going for was a couple of beautiful pastel colours and I really like how these two look on my nails. The only thing that slightly put me off, is that I need to work with them to get an even application, but the Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat saved those two polishes and made it possible to get a beautiful result so I will definitely keep using them throughout summer. Between the two, Grape Juice is my favourite because I love purple and it is slightly easier to apply because it is a bit darker than the yellow one.


Please let me know if you have tried any polishes from this line and if you had the same problem with the application. I hope you found this review useful. See you next time!

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment