Saturday, 22 June 2013

SLEEK Face Form Contouring and Blush Palette! Swatches & Review!

Hello there!!!!

Today I want to talk to you about a product that I bought last week, the Sleek Face Form Contouring and Blush palette. I had seen several people raving about it and since I did not have a powder highlighter and a nice bronzer I decided to give it a try.


I got the palette in the shade Light. It comes with a matte bronzer, a shimmery highlight powder and the Rose Gold blush, which can be bought individually too and I had my eye on for some time. Medium and Dark palettes have another bronzer instead of this blush but they are much too dark for me. 


The packaging is simple yet quite appealing. However I would not have it in a makeup bag because it feels like it can get dirty easily. If you do not care about that though, it is a very practical product to have with you when you travel because you get three different things in it without taking up too much space. The big mirror on the inside is also very helpful if you are touching up your makeup on the go.


Moving on to the three colours inside it.
The bronzer is a light to medium matte brown and it is incredibly pigmented. It matches my skin tone perfectly so it looks like a natural shadow instead of a mud stain (yes that has happened to me before). I would say that it is worth the full price of the palette on its own. What is more, it applies like a dream both with a small contour brush for a nice structured contoured look and with a big fluffy face brush if you want to add some colour all over your face to look a bit more tanned. I would give it a 10/10!
The highlighter is a beautiful shimmery champagne colour, which is very close to my natural skin colour. This unfortunately makes it a bit hard to show up and it is barely visible on me when I use a fluffy brush to put it on. Instead I will either use a buffing brush or apply it with my fingers in the areas I want it to be and then blend it out where it is necessary. One thing I tried and it worked quite well is to use it instead of eyeshadow on days when I stay at home and I only put some foundation, mascara and lip balm on. It will make my eye area brighter and my eyes pop much more. I will give it a 7/10 just because I have to work a bit more than I would like to to get the best result.
The blush, which everyone says is a dupe for NARS Orgasm, looks really beautiful in the pan. However, I need to be careful when I apply it because it is quite orange and if I put too much it can clash with my skin tone, which tends to be more neutral to yellow. I think this as a blush looks much better on darker skin tones, an Indian friend of mine has it and it looks amazing on her skin because the simmer comes through and glows, whereas on me it is the base colour of the blush that draws all the attention. As a result, I need to be patient and build it up slowly for the best result. I would give it 8/10 just because I can not help comparing it to Sleek's blush in Pomegranate, which is one of my favourite blushes and I think is much better for me than this. 


Anyway, here are some heavy swatches on my skin in cloudy daylight (above) and direct sunlight (below). Imagine them much more sheer when you use a brush on your face though. Overall I am quite satisfied with the palette I would definitely recommend it. It is a very good product for just under 10 pounds and you are going to get a lot of use out of it.


Let me know what you think about this product and what kind of skin tones you would think it would work well with.

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment