Monday, 29 July 2013

Benefit's ROCKATEUR Blush! Review and Swatches!

Hello!

Guess what I bought the other day! You're right! Benefit's new blush, the Rockateur.


If you follow Benefit of facebook you may have seen that they held a flash sale of their new blush in selected stores, before it is officially released in September. With all the hype about it, I had to go get one and try it for myself!


The Rockateur is promoted as a rose gold blush and it comes in the usual Benefit box packaging. The design of the box reminds me of the glam rock era, which is very appropriate having in mind the whole vintage looking packaging of Benefit's other products. It also comes with a mirror on the lid and a little brush that fits in the box for easy touch ups on the go. The powder itself has the word Rock embossed on it and a geometric pattern that reminds me of the surface of precious stones. Maybe I was influenced slightly by the sparkly layer on the triangles, but that goes away after you use the blush.


The blush itself is indeed rose gold and I think it suits a lot of different skin tones. I particularly like the pigmentation because it can be built up to an intense colour (left) or used lightly for a more natural look (right). The formulation is also very good, making the blush very easy to work with. It blends like a dream!

heavy application                                                                          light application


I also thought is would be a good idea to show you how it looks on my face in natural light (above) and under a lamp (below).



All in all I really like this blush and I can see it becoming one of my favourites very fast! Will you be getting your hands on it once it hits the shelves?

Love,
Kristine
<3 <3 <3

8 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaah I want this one. I love Benefit blushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!such a beautiful color! i want this...my favorite blush from benefit is bella bamba!The sade you bought looks so unique! Kisses from Greece
    Maria
    http://inbeautywonderland.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a nice bronzer with shimmer and a bit of a peach! nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more blush than bronzer I think. I don't think it would look right if you tried putting it all over the face like a normal bronzer.

      Delete
  4. I actually love this colour! I am a die hard fan of Coralista but this is beautiful! I work where there is a Benefit counter so have had it on a few times! :)
    http://www.beautybookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried Coralista a few times but I didn't like it. I think it's because when Benefit girls do my makeup they always put too much so it never looks good. Maybe I should give it another go. :)

      Delete
  5. You should apply blusher on the apples of your cheeks, you have applied it as a contouring bronzer, no wonder someone made a comment about bronzer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true for certain face shapes but not all - you put blusher where you want! I use contour under my jaw, bronzer under the cheekbone and blusher straight up the cheekbone to the temple then highlighter on the apples which works for me. You don't have to stick to rules!

      I am a huge fan of sugarbomb and also use benetint, hoola, dandelion and posie tint so I'm not sure I need another one in the collection but it does look lovely!

      Becs x
      miscriant.blogspot.com

      Delete