Thursday, 25 July 2013

Graduation Ball Outfits!

Hey there! 

I went to my first ball! The occasion was our upcoming graduation from our masters degrees, and, although technically we will not graduate until December, the next ball, if any, will be next summer and we will not be able to go. I must admit that the word ball makes me thing of Cinderella and the masquerade scene from Labyrinth with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly (if you do not know what I'm talking about watch this. But, as I was informed, a ball in England is more like prom and puffy dresses are not really encouraged. Instead you are supposed to go for a nice, elegant evening dress.


I went to the ball with my friends Sera and Kat, whom you may remember from my Ladies' Day at the Races outfit post. Me and Kat decided to get long gowns in shades of red while Sera opted for a classic black cocktail dress. So let's get into the details of each outfit!


My outfit!
Dress - New Look
Shoes - Peacocks
Ring - Primark
Earrings - Tally Weijl

I knew I wanted a dress on the darker side, either blue or red. When I found this one, I particularly liked the gunmetal details on it because they made it more unusual. Since the dress already had embellishments, I decided to keep the accessories to a minimum, with only a gunmetal ring and simple gunmetal stud spheres. I finished the look with plain black mid heel sandals, which were covered by the dress anyway. As for a bag, I knew I would be carrying my big camera with me, so I just put my ID and money in it. Problem solved.. ;)



Sera's outfit!
Dress - BCBGMaxazria
Bag - Picardo
Shoes - n/a
Necklace - Swarovski

Sera's look is classic and simple. Her black dress makes a subtle statement with its sequins and her necklace gives the outfit a dainty feminine touch. Her ponytail makes the whole look sleek and polished.



Kat's outfit!
Dress - Coast
Shoes - Glamour
Clutch - Debut
Earrings - H&M
Necklace - gift

Kat made a much bolder statement with her outfit. The bright red shade of her dress contrasts with the black accessories and, because, unlike mine, her dress does not have any black details, the final look is much more eyecatching. The feather earrings are not something to be expected in such a formal event, but they end up working with the rest of the outfit, revealing that she has her own personality and is not afraid to show it.


I must say we all looked really nice at the ball, we danced a lot and had fun. Please let me know which outfit you liked best and what you would wear or have worn to a ball/prom!

Love you!
<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. I love your dress! It has something greek in the way it drapes around you, but the color makes it so much more dramatic. Nice that you all chose to wear black shoes.

    ReplyDelete