Sunday, 21 July 2013

Newmarket Races Ladies Day! Fashion @ The Races!

Hello there!!!

As I mentioned in my last video I went to the Ladies' Day of the Newmarket Races! It was such a wonderful day and a great experience. Ladies' Day is more about the fashion than actual racing and betting, in my opinion, although we also did some of that (I won 3 pounds...).  So I am going to show you what me and my friends wore, what the ten women who won the best dressed competition wore, and also some other girls that I liked their outfits.


This was our group, me, Amy, Kat and Jess! Of course we all look gorgeous! 


Let's start with my outfit. I decided to go for a sea theme. I have missed the sea and the waves crushing on the shore and this dress reminded me of it. Of course finding a boat headpiece was the perfect way to complete my outfit!

Dress - Primark
Shoes - New Look
Earrings - H&M
Headpiece - Red Queen's Black Legion



Kat's outfit was on the gothic side, but still remained feminine and elegant. I especially like her necklace, which was from the Edgar Allan Poe collection by Alchemy Gothic. Her peacock inspired beaded clutch added a very nice hint of sparkle too.

Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Oxford shop
Hat - Gothic Lolita & Punk
Raven's Call Necklace - Alchemy Gothic


Jess went for an elegant look, with a simple cream fascinator and a lovely raspberry dress. Her cream belt was also spot on to give balance to her outfit.

Dress - Asos
Shoes - n/a
Fascinator - Debenhams
Belt - n/a
Earrings - n/a

Amy's look was a bit more classic and ladylike, with a very nice purple and black combination. I love the purple roses on her hat. Her dainty pearl necklace gave a feminine touch without taking away from the rest of the outfit.

Dress - Pippa Dee
Shoes - Asda
Hat - Camden market and then customised
Necklace - Accessorize



At the races we also met Amy's sister Grace (the one in blue) with a friend of hers. Their approach was bit more glam with bold colours, embellishments and statement jewellery.

Grace's outfit!
Dress - xpose clothing
Shoes - Style Sketchbook
Clutch - Peacocks
Necklace - Next (possibly) 
Bracelets - H&M
Fascinator - Custom made

Her friend's outfit!
Dress - Celebz booty
Shoes - n/a
Clutch - n/a
Necklace - n/a
Fascinator - Custom made

What I would like to say here is that Grace made both of their fascinators. She is very talented and she has her own business, so if you want to get a custom made fascinator, which no one else will have, for a wedding, prom or any other party, you can find her on facebook here: Grace's Fancy Fascinators


Now, let's move on to the best dressed ladies of the day. There was a competition and over a thousand women entered for their chance to win. These were the best ones according to the judges. Out of these 10 they chose the best 3... Before you read who won have a good look at them and pick your favourite please. Just for fun.

So, the third place goes to girl number seven, with the cream dress and the orange hat made by her sister.
The second place goes to girl number one, with the classy headpiece and old fashioned umbrella.
And the winner of the Ladies' day is..... drum roll.... girl number ten, with a pale Karen Millen dress and a custom made hat full of roses that match her outfit!
I do love that hat!


And because I did spot those three early on at the day and I knew they would definitely make the final ten I asked to take a picture of them to show you. Their outfits were so well put together and looked like they had been styled professionally. Very good job I must say!


I also took a photo of these girls, who I thought gave a very good idea of what the majority of women looked like there. Red and orange was the way to go definitely!

As for the hats below, I just thought they looked cool. And yes, the black horse on that hat is an old school Barbie horse! I remember playing with is when I was little because a friend of mine had it. If there was a prize for mos unusual hats I think that one, mine and Kat's would be the top 3. Of course I would win! Not biased at all there, right? Hahaha. 


This is the end of this quite long post! I hope you liked our outfits and you also got some ideas if you plan to attend the races any time soon. I would definitely suggest going because it is a lot of fun and a very British thing to do.

Love you all very much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment