Sunday, 15 March 2015

REVIEW! Max Factor's Excess Shimmer Shadow in Copper!

Hey guys!

So you probably know how much I love the Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows, but I recently ran out of my gold and my bronze ones and I thought I'd try something else to see how they compare. I really like Max Factor products so I decided to give their cream eye shadows a try.


I bought the shade copper, as I have been wearing natural eye looks in 2015 (inspired by the tv series Suits which has awesome eye looks) and I was definitely not disappointed. The shows is very creamy, it feels like chocolate mousse, and looks very beautiful but also discreet on the eye.


I use it as a base for my eye shadows and I've noticed that it gives a bit of a shimmer to matte eye shadows while still maintaining a very subtle feel and makes shimmery ones pop more. It also makes your eye shadows last for ages which is great. 


I have to say that it's not a product I would wear on its own though, like I can do with the color tattoos. Due to is texture it tends to slide off, so you have to set it with a powder shadow. This works all right for me though so I don't mind. I've also worn it under my bronzer on some nights out to give my face a bit more shimmer and that also creates a beautiful look. Not for day time though.


Overall, I think this is a really nice product and I have been using it daily for over a month now. I completely recommend it if you want a nice affordable eye shadow base and love a nice neutral eye look. 

Let me know if you have tried it or you have any other cream eye shadows to recommend.

Love,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment