Saturday, 21 March 2015

REVIEW! Soap & Glory's Lid Stuff in What's Nude!

Hey guys!

As I mentioned in my last review of Max Factor's Excess Shimmer shadow, I have been doing neutral eye shadow looks daily for the last couple of months. I went through a few different shadows and brands and this is my most recent favourite, Soap & Glory's Lid Stuff quad in What's Nude.


I saw this quad in Zoella's Valentine's Makeup tutorial and I thought the colours looked amazing on her, so I hunted it down and found it in Boots. I must admit that when I had seen it before it never drew my attention as the colours look a bit cool toned and I am mainly drawn to warmer bronze eye shadows usually.



The shadows boast an 8 hour stay and I can confirm that is true. Using an eye shadow base will make them last even longer and you can wear your look all day at work and then go out for a drink and be sure it's still on. I couldn't recommend these shadows more, they create a beautiful natural look that will leave you very satisfied.


This quad has four colours in it
Vanilla is a matte off white that's good for a highlight under your brows
Pink T is a matte dirty nude/pink colour, good for all over your lids
Mudhoney is a cool toned matter brown that works great on your crease, on your lower lash line and as I discovered recently it's also great to fill in your eyebrows with,
Aubersheen is the only shimmer in the quad in a purpley brown shade and I use it on the outer corner for a smokey effect and to darken the look.


Overall you can't really create a particularly dark eye look but if you use some eye liner and a bold lipstick you can definitely have a great night time look as well. I've done the usual look I go for below as an example (excuse the eyebrows - I was experimenting with a different brow powder which ended up being too bright for me).


Have you guys used any other Soap & Glory makeup products? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Love,
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment