Monday, 20 June 2016

Geek Style: How To Be Batman

There's a saying that goes like this: Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Then always be Batman. I thought, why not? Seems legit. And this brings us to today's topic, superhero logos and other geeky prints. Just in case you don't know, I am a huge superhero fan so, whenever I can, I like to bring this into my outfits.


My best advice is to never half do things like this. If you are going to be Batman this should be the main focus of your outfit so you should keep everything else quite simple. Just like a certain Mr Wayne, I kept the rest of my outfit primarily black, letting the logo shine through. I particularly like the design of this top as it turns the logo into a print all over my jumper instead of just in the centre like normal printed t-shirts do. This makes it more feminine and stylish


To slightly counteract the boldness of the print, I added a statement necklace. White necklaces, even when big, are more discreet and do not clash with the rest of your outfit like a coloured one would. Since I was also wearing another black top underneath, the necklace became the focal point of the outfit when I had to take my jumper off later because it got too hot. I did make sure though that my second top had some leather elements on it, to keep with the superhero theme of that day's look.


In all honesty, I would have much rather worn black boots with this outfit. However, due to some very annoying blisters, I ended up wearing sandals for the rest of that week. If you have no choice, a pair of gold or silver sandals are always a good option, as they should match most of your outfits.


And this is how you can use your favourite geeky things in a nice stylish outfit. Always remember to bring elements of your personality into your style because that's what's going to make what you wear unique.

Do you have any superhero prints in your wardrobe? Leave me a comment to let me know and also tell me who your favourite hero is. Mine is Iron Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment