Friday, 17 February 2017

Travel Outfits: How To Blend In With The City In Photos

Hey guys

Today's post might sound a little bit like a joke, but I can assure you it is for real. When you go travelling and you are bound to be taking a lot of photos, it is a good idea to consider the colours of the city when you are putting together your outfits. 


For this example I will be using my outfit from my trip in Prague and also my friend Maddie's outfit too. Prague has a lot of orange roofed buildings and yellow walls. There is also a good chance you will be taking photos by the river and have a lot of clear blue sky as part of your picture.


Orange and yellow are at the opposite side of the colour wheel from blue, so they create a good eye catching contrast between them. I chose this orange top with blue jeans for this type of contrast, which mirrors exactly the colour contrast we found in the city itself. Maddie on the other hand went with an all blue outfit in different shades, which puts her in contrast with the city.


Consider the above photo against the John Lennon wall. The wall itself has every possible colour mixed together. Maddie's blues as well as my jeans stand out more obviously than my orange top. However, orange makes my skin look warm toned while the blue makes Maddie look more yellow. This is worth keeping in mind when you consider your choice of colours.


Now consider this photo, where my top, which falls right in front of the orange building, is the same colour as the wall. This makes the whole photo more visually pleasing for me and makes it look like I belong there. Camouflage level = chameleon. 


What is the point of all this? Mirroring the colours of the city you are in, can make a huge difference in your photos, so be aware of this technique and use it to your advantage. Personally I love doing this just like I prefer wearing blues, mint greens and whites when I am by the sea. Do let me know your thoughts on this type of outfit creating process and if you have ever done something similar.

Lots of love,
Kristine


No comments:

Post a Comment